May 2019 -- Women's Tea Recipes
Savory Lemon & Herb Baked Tofu (connoisseurus.veg)
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce or tamari
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp olive oil
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp sage
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 (14oz) package extra firm tofu, drained and pressed for at least 30 minutes
- Stir the soy sauce, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic powder, thyme, sage and pepper together in a shallow dish. Cut the tofu into cubes, slabs, or whatever shape you like, and place the pieces into the dish. Spoon the marinade over the top and allow the tofu to marinate for 30 minutes at room temperature, turning the pieces halfway through.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and arrange the tofu pieces in a single layer on top. Reserving any excess marinade.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then flip the tofu pieces and spoon any reserved marinade over them. Bake for another 15-20 minutes, until the marinade has dried up and the tofu pieces have shrunk a bit and taken on a chewy texture.
- Enjoy the tofu immediately or store it in a sealed container or bag in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
Lemon Lavender Shortbread Cookies (avirtualvegan.com)
- ⅓ cup natural powdered sugar
- ½ cup coconut oil, hard (if soft, put in fridge to firm up)
- ½ tsp salt
- scant ½ tsp culinary lavender flowers
- 2 lemons, zested (cut very small)
- 1 ½ cup all purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp non-dairy milk, IF NEEDED. Only add if the dough won't come together as it affects the texture of the shortbread.
- Light granulated sugar for sprinkling.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees - line cookie sheet with parchment paper or silicone mat.
- Combine the powdered sugar, salt & coconut oil in a bowl. Use a fork to mash together very, very well until you can no longer see any powdered sugar and it's light and fluffy. You can use a food processor to do this part also if you prefer.
- Add the lavender flowers, zest of lemons and stir well.
- Sieve the flour & mix by hand until everything is combined. Do not over mix or use electric beaters. Too much mixing will affect the texture of the finished shortbread.
- Add the milk only if you need it to bring the dough together. It should be slightly crumbly but hold together if you squeeze it together in your hand.
- Roll the dough into a log, about 1 ½ “ diameter, slice 3 to 4 mm thick, place on cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle with granulated sugar & press gently with finger tips.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Place on cooling rack to cool.
The Best Vegan & Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies (makingthymeforhealthy.com)
- ⅓ cup solidified coconut oil (or vegan butter)
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp almond milk
- 1 cup almond flour (not almond meal)
- 1 cup oat flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup dark chocolate hips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, line baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone mat.
- Combine coconut oil and coconut sugar. Mix on high for 1 minute then add vanilla extract and almond milk. Continue to mix for another 30 seconds.
- With the mixer running, add the almond flour first. Next add the oat flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Continue to mix for about 20 seconds, until a dough forms. Using a spatula, scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl in between mixing to assure all of the ingredients are combined. If the dough appears dry and crumbly, try allowing it to mix for longer. It it is still crumbly, try adding a tablespoon of milk. Stir in the chocolate chips at the end with a spatula.
- Scoop out about 1 ½ Tbsp of dough at a time. Arrange them on the baking sheet about 2” apart. Bake 12-13 minutes. Allow to cool for at least 15 minutes before serving.
Soft & Chewy White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies (livewellbakeoften.com)
Yield: 4 dozen cookies.
- 2 ¾ cup all purpose flour (spooned & leveled)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature (coconut oil can be substituted)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs room temperature (substitute 2 Tbsp flax meal + 6 Tbsp water mixed together)
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cup white chocolate chips (1 package)
- 1 ½ cup chopped macadamia nuts
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or electric mixer, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar for 1-2 minutes until well combined. Add the eggs & vanilla extract one at a time and mix until fully combined.
- Slowly mix in the dry ingredients & continue mixing until just combined, then mix in the white chocolate chips & chopped macadamia nuts, making sure to stop and scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Cover the cookie dough tightly & transfer to the refrigerator to chill for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- Scoop 1 ½ Tbsp of dough and place 2 inches apart. Bake 9-12 minutes.
- Cool for 5-10 minutes then transfer the cookies to a wire rack to finish cooling.
Yield: 4 dozen cookies.